Marti Olsen Lanely

« Older   Newer »

1. maria rossi

User deleted

già c'è un post in questa sezione dove si riporta un articolo che cita Marti Olsen Lanely. questo è il sito internet. http://www.hiddengiftsoftheintrovertedchild.com/

certo sembra tutto fatto "all'americana", dati, tratti,punti, schemi, manuali e poche problematizzazioni psicodinamiche o sociologiche ma comunque è interessante.

Qui di seguito un articolo su gli Introvrsi a lavoro:

Peter Vogt, MonsterTRAK Career Coach

March 03, 2009

I normally stay out of the Monster articles I write. But this time I can’t, because this one’s personal.

When my editor asked me to write a piece to help people understand introverts in the workplace, I knew I’d have a lot to say, especially when she told me to discuss misperceptions people tend to have about introverts and the often invisible strengths they bring to the work environment.

You see, I’m an introvert – someone who is energized by having plenty of time to think and ponder and recharge (alone, preferably), and who is drained by too many interpersonal interactions and activities that demand the ability to think on my feet.
    Society’s Perception of Introverts

But introversion tends not to play well in our mostly social, fast-paced, extroverted American world. Indeed, says Marti Olsen Laney, author of The Introvert Advantage: How to Thrive in an Extrovert World and producer of its companion Web site, introverts “are often misunderstood, because our culture overvalues extroverted skills like acting and speaking quickly.”

Thus, it’s common for workplace introverts to be saddled with negative descriptions like:
    • Antisocial, loner, shy, not a team player.
    • Inattentive, passive-aggressive, withholds information.
    • Slow, unproductive, lacking ability.
    • Unenthusiastic.

Career Advancement

* More Career Advancement Articles
    * Most Recent Discussions
    * Most Popular Groups
    * HR Degree Finder

Well, guess what, American workers: There’s nothing wrong with us introverts. We’re just different from the extroverts of the world. In fact, every negative label that’s typically assigned to introverts has a positive opposite that’s closer to the truth:

– We tend to take the phrase “lunch on your own” literally. But we use that time to think of creative solutions to problems, develop plans for new initiatives and nail down the pesky details that could blow a big deal apart if ignored.

– Sure, we may not have ideas to share until after a meeting is over, but those ideas will invariably be well-thought-out and thorough. If they weren’t, we wouldn’t bother sharing them in the first place.

– OK, we’re sometimes guilty of appearing inattentive and passive. But it’s an illusion. “Since you can’t see what’s going on in the mind of an introvert, many people assume nothing is going on,” says Pamela Braun, a Champlin, Minnesota-based career counselor and – let the record show – my business partner and copresenter in our seminars on the career issues of introverts. “Wrong! The introvert, processing internally, often has as much going on inside as the extrovert is demonstrating on the outside.”

2. l.daniela

User deleted

crederò a questo loro interesse nei confronti dell'introversione solo se avvieranno questa ricerca con pacatezza. va bene che un grido arriva lontano. ma sono scettica, temo che stiano cavalcando l'onda di una nuova moda, e che abbiano fiutato il business (counselors, coachers, seminari, scuole....) sai quelle cose fatte a modo loro, superficiali. stiamo a vedere. ma ho tanto timore che, per come sono io, se prima odiavo la mia introversione perchè la consideravo un handicap, mi troverò ad odiarla perchè diventerà tendenza e continuerò a viverla di nascosto. speriamo di no!
    ciao
    daniela

3. l.daniela

User deleted

azzardo una stupidaggine: nn è che mgari dall'oregon si collegano alla LIDI rubando un po' di informazioni? mah! collegamenti dall'america ne ho visti sul sito ed alcuni contenuti.....

4. maria rossi

User deleted

davvero? divertente! come si fa a ad avere un pò di informazioni su chi e da dove si collega al sito e al forum? bisogna chiedere a sonia?

5. imperia69

User deleted

CITAZIONE (l.daniela @ 6/3/2009, 11:49)
    crederò a questo loro interesse nei confronti dell'introversione solo se avvieranno questa ricerca con pacatezza. va bene che un grido arriva lontano. ma sono scettica, temo che stiano cavalcando l'onda di una nuova moda, e che abbiano fiutato il business (counselors, coachers, seminari, scuole....) sai quelle cose fatte a modo loro, superficiali. stiamo a vedere. ma ho tanto timore che, per come sono io, se prima odiavo la mia introversione perchè la consideravo un handicap, mi troverò ad odiarla perchè diventerà tendenza e continuerò a viverla di nascosto. speriamo di no!
    ciao
    daniela

Che gli americani siano superficiali è fuori discussione e sicuramente il loro approccio è di tipo "pratico", cioè come ottenere il massimo da e nell'interazione con un introverso (da qualche parte, in iglese ho trovato anche un sito che consigliava come fare marketing ad un introverso :cry: ), empatia e bisogno di individuazione are not their cup of tea, ma che l'introversione diventi una moda mi sembra difficile, siamo sempre pochini, al massimo possono inventarsi qualche prodotto di nicchia per noi.
    Ad ogni modo, meglio che le nostre peculiarità siano note piuttosto che ignorate da tutti. ;)

4 replies since 6/3/2009, 10:01   324 views